This is a template provided for your convenience.
You are strongly advised to adapt the text to fit your particular case.
1. Operator and subject matter
2. Users, voluntary agreement
3. User content
4. Content of third parties
5. Prohibition of use, exclusion from use
6. Copyright law
8. Liability, liability exclusion, restriction and exemption
9. Terminating the account
2. The MOOC is open to all interested persons. Participation is voluntary.
Users register for this on the Deep Dive School learning platform (platform provider: LearnWorlds) with mandatory information (user name, mail address, password). In their profile users can upload a profile picture and add to it with further information, such as professional experience or social media links (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.). This is all on a voluntary basis. By providing social links the respective user agrees that other course participants may contact them via these links and that they can network with one another.
With the registration the user is granted a simple, non-transferable right of use for this learning platform.
The users shall be obliged to act with respect at all times, and to handle the rights of other users and third parties diligently when engaging with other users. The user can be excluded if such obligations are violated. This learning platform is exclusively for the purposes of the Deep Dive School. Any other use of the platform, for other private and/or commercial purposes, for example, shall be prohibited.
4. Via the MOOC users can access the content of courses, other users and/or third parties and links to websites and services of third parties and/or use these. HM and SCE cannot guarantee that such content of third parties is free of material that other users could find offensive or otherwise inappropriate, and of malware or other harmful programmes, which could damage computers, mobile devices or data of users stored on these devices. HM and SCE accept neither responsibility nor liability in relation to the access of a user to or the use of such third party content.
5. MOOC users shall be obliged to observe all relevant copyright laws. Only content and statements that do not infringe on the rights of others (especially copyright and neighbouring rights) may be published in the MOOC.
MOOC users shall be responsible for their activities within the entire platform. The personal password for activating and using the user account must always be kept secret from third parties. Should users have reason to believe that third parties have knowledge of their password, they shall be obliged to change it immediately.
User activities that are aimed at impeding the functionality of the platform or making the portal non-functional are forbidden and can be prosecuted under civil and criminal law. Measures in particular that could impact on the physical and logical structure of the platform are also forbidden. Users may not use the MOOC for commercial purposes. Advertising, among other activities, by sending content which recipients have not requested (spamming), is also forbidden.
All users shall be obliged not to violate any legal regulations with their content and activities (applicable law of the Federal Republic of Germany). The platform may not be used for illegal purposes.
Also forbidden shall be the publication, communication or distribution of content/statements that are illegal, especially with offensive, violence-glorifying, discriminatory or pornographic content or with other such content that would transgress standards of public decency. This shall also include content that is reached via the links set by the users. The use of offensive content, ambiguous terms and other such representations shall also be prohibited, should their illegality is suspected, but cannot be conclusively determined. HM and SCE reserve the right to remove such content or references where such suspicion exists, without prior notice or explanation.
6. All material placed on the learning platform is protected by copyright, if not otherwise explicitly stated. This means content that is intended for personal use as part of the performance of the MOOC may not be passed on to third parties without the creator’s written consent and may be neither reproduced nor changed. This shall also apply to material that is created by the user alone or with others during the course. Regardless of the copyright protection all users shall agree that personally created material may be used for course purposes.
7. HM and SCE shall endeavour together with LearnWorlds to ensure the security of the platform's users. Despite their commitment to protect the security of user accounts and the information pertinent to them, neither HM and SCE nor LearnWorlds can guarantee that unauthorised third parties may be able to thwart the security measures taken. HM and SCE would therefore ask all users to immediately inform about each and every threat to security or unauthorised use of an account.
8. Each and every user recognises and agrees that every access to the MOOC or every use of the services or content shall be at their own risk and responsibility.
The MOOC has been put together with the greatest possible care on LearnWorld’s platform. The operator does not accept any liability for the correctness, accuracy or error-free status of the information provided. Nor does the operator accept any liability for the content published by users. All liability for damages caused directly or indirectly by the use of the sites shall also be excluded.
Nor is the operator responsible for the content of websites referred to by links and they do not provide any guarantee or accept any liability for the appropriateness and legality of these sites.
The user shall indemnify the operator from all claims by third parties, made against HM and SCE as a result of a violation of the aforementioned duties and/or harmful activities of users. HM and SCE exclude any liability within the scope of the applicable laws and regulations.
9. Users can have their account deleted at any time without having to provide a reason. The user’s data can no longer be retrieved after the account is deactivated.
11. Each and every user agrees:
I am aware that required personal data is processed with use of the learning platform.
I agree to the processing of the data I have provided and the contributions published by me, as well as to the use of files I have provided within the scope of the Deep Dive School and the MOOC. I am aware that this consent can be revoked at any time. This is, however, only possible with the full deletion of the account.